Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nasty Chop

In general, when I'm playing in a low buy-in tournament I tend to be pretty mellow about chopping.  Three's a couple of reasons for that.  One, I recognize that these kind of tournaments have a heavy social element and I don't mind sacrificing some EV to maintain that social element.  Also (and this is really the more important reason) typically with these types of tournaments by the time people are discussing chopping there may be no more than 20 to 30 big blinds total in play.  Such situations are obviously very high variance and I don't mind chopping to deal with that fact.  Sometimes though, there's just something about a chop that is so absurd, that you just can't stay quiet - here's one such story:


1 comment:

  1. everytime i visit your blog i find atleast one post that interests me.your content never ceases to engage me.

    ReplyDelete