Saturday, March 31, 2012

Another Year ...

Yesterday was my birthday and it was an exceptionally nice day.  Things started off with Mrs. Flops delivering me a birthday cupcake in bed.  In this case, that is not a euphemism.  I had planned to take the day off and so once I got up I just took the day as it came to me.  I did some blogging, some AVPing and spent some time practicing the bass.  One of those great days that unfold exactly the way you think of on a day when you're busy and you say, "man, if I didn't have anything I had to do today I would ...".

We had planned to hit a showing of The Hunger Games, but we ended up whiling away the daytime hours relaxing.  Presents were opened and, as usual, Mrs. Flops thoroughly spoiled me.  The pinnacle of the spoiling was the evening's meal.  This was no ordinary meal, the Mrs took me to eat at experience e' by Jose Andres.

For those not familiar, e' is an intimate, interactive dining experience.  A "restaurant within a restaurant"  at Jaleo in the Cosmopolitan that has a small capacity of eight guests per seating.  The meal is a series of close to two dozen small courses and the fare is based on Spanish food, but prepared using techniques of molecular gastronomy.  Basically, it's what happens if you cross a chemistry set with an kitchen.  It was really an amazing dining experience and it will be the subject of a detailed upcoming blog post - complete with pictures.

Today I have my usual Saturday bass lesson and then I am heading out to play day 1B of the inaugural All Vegas Poker Tour event.  I'm feeling good and I'm armed with some powerful music to listen to while playing.  It helps keep my head in the right place!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a great one and I can't wait for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie! My plan is to get them up by the end of the week.

      Delete
  2. really looking forward to the review of the eatery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, this one caught me a bit by surprise. My first impression of you would be that something "foo fooey" like this wouldn't really appeal to you.

      Many layers to the grrouch I guess.

      Delete
  3. Almost everyone who is making money online has gone through months (or even years) of trial and error...

    They've also spent thousands of dollars to test out the correct ways to make money online.

    But ask yourself - do you REALLY want to go through of all these pain, expenses and frustrations?

    Here's the shortcut for you to make real money online now:

    https://cbpassiveincome30.com?stoker6584

    If I had this opportunity when I first got started, I would definitely be making more passive income.

    With this shortcut, you get to clone an internet millionaire's entire internet business.

    https://cbpassiveincome30.com?stoker6584

    ReplyDelete
  4. idnpoker


    AHHAPOKER : Situs IDN Poker Online Terpercaya
    http://bit.ly/ahhasuportt

    ReplyDelete