Sunday, May 1, 2011

Going Deep @ the DSE

If you follow my Twitter feed then you know that last weekend I final tabled one of the $340 tournaments at the most recent Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza series.  I had my trusty Flip Mino along and was able to do brief updates during all of the breaks.  So here it is, the story of my run at the Venetian:



I really enjoyed playing this tournament and I learned a lot while doing so.  I was definitely very happy with my day 1 play.  Looking back I realize that my final table play needed some improvement.  There were spots where I should have pulled the trigger on getting money in and I didn't, but I will gladly take that as a lesson for next time.

After my experience at the Venetian and compared to last year's play at one of the $1,000 WSOP events, I have definitely decided that the Venetian will be my focus for tournament series play this summer.  I'm sure that I'll play at least one of the dailies at the Rio, and of course, I won't stay away from the Aria daily, but in terms of major series, I think the Venetian is the place I can find the best value this summer.

7 comments: