Friday, June 26, 2009

Yes, just what the world needs - another poker blog. Well, I'm hear anyway, so let's do the obligatory intro post.

I live in Las Vegas and started playing poker about 2-3 years ago. For a long time I strictly paid limit hold em cash games. Recently however, I made the decision to focus almost exclusively on tournaments. What do you know, it turns out I really enjoy playing tournaments.

I decided to start this blog to write about my journeys through the poker world. As of late, I've started to seriously consider the potential to make a substantial part of my living at the game. At the moment I have a day job which is both intellectually stimulating and financially rewarding, but I just don't have the same passion in my heart for those endeavors that I can muster for playing poker. I don't think I'll get to the point where I completely stop working the day job, but I do think that within me lies the basic skill for poker to be more of a vocation than a hobby. We'll see where that leads.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Glenn. Like you, I love my poker and have no intention of giving up the day job. I also have a passion for tournies over cash games. I've been playing tournies live for about four years now and am showing a good profit at low to medium buy ins. I've kept a book record of every tourney I've played in and am coming up to 500! I recognise part of what you say in myself and so would be interested to see how you get on.
    GL!

    ReplyDelete